Wednesday 24 October 2018

Ok for Micro fusion, but Macro fusion?



What is this post all about? Well, I was relating micro fusion in the musical sense, where fusion has acclaimed a spot among major styles of music. Fusion of various styles, various genres give a refreshing vibration to the whole aura of music, provided it is fused well. (Of course, fusion can get messy in some cases, where nothing special is added and the music is just plain, and the original vibration is lost as well, making us wonder "Why even bother about tweaking the original version?")

I have heard this musical fusion more than the pure carnatic style since early childhood. I started listening to pure styles only during my teenage. That might be the reason why I do like fusion music, sometimes more than classical ones, because it seems more "home" to me ... 

As far as music is concerned, fusion makes sense!

But....

The world currently has decided to display the whole gamut of imaginable and unimaginable fusions in a mega plate in front of me, so vast that I feel like I'm an alien in this new world... I see people of various cultures fuse, genders fuse... If I know less, there maybe a fish and a flower fusing together right now to create a "flo-sh"?! 

Maybe I'm looking at this negatively, maybe I need a different angle... Maybe all of this makes sense and trickles down to the fact that all is one? Wipe out all the variations and discriminations, make everything the same? No tall-short, white-black, curly hair-straight hair, curvy-flat, big-small, boy-girl, no opposites at all? Is there a right or wrong for this, or has that gone already? Is this a sustainable change or am I just being a conservative person? The whole world does seem to be changing, all around me! 

Well, I'm really confused... I really did like fusion in music... But applying the same in a macro scale, I don't think I like it anymore... 

What do you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Social Butterfly!

 My Social Butterfly!!! "Live in the present", "Enjoy the present- for it is the Gift of God" Life seems to be running q...